Saturday, August 25, 2012

PandoraParadox's Review of TGecko's Penny Dropped

If I would say one thing about Penny Dropped I would say that it's certainly fresh. By that I mean it's a bit of a fresh take on the Plague Doctor story coming from the point of view of a mysophobic ex-convict. I enjoyed Penny Dropped, even though I must say that it isn't without flaws, there are some moments that make me cringe. I think that mostly were those mad mantra posts where a sentence is repeated over and over again. I really hate seeing those in a fear blog because it has been done to death and doesn't really work without proper writing, I don't think TGecko used the mantras well, it felt corny. The whole blog has an odd pace to it, it feels a bit rushed. I also counted a few other problems such as the description of things sounding a bit off and like with the mantras sounded corny at times.

HOWEVER....I must not neglect that Penny Dropped is all in all a good story. The things that work, really work. The Oathbreaker in the story really seemed like the typical oathbreaker and the Plague Doctor is introduced well and I must say the ending is one of the most well written things I've read this year. The ending is the greatest, packing a vast amount of emotion into it. Penny Dropped is a nice piece of internet literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment